Bali’s Sindhu Market Most ‘Trending’ Attraction
Bali’s Sindhu Market in Sanur ranked first on a list of top trending attraction in Southeast Asia announced by travel website TripAdvisor on Monday.
The list was created based on the Attraction Trend Index that is determined by the increase in travelers’ interest of each destination between September and October. The Sindhu Market placed first with a traffic increase of 242 percent, followed by the Nacpan Beach in El Nido, the Philippines, in second with 218 percent.
TripAdvisor Asia Pacific communications director Janice Lee Fang notes that the index “reveals the diverse mix of sites and activities in Southeast Asia” that are growing with more travelers moving around the region.
Below are the top 10 trending attractions in Southeast Asia according to TripAdvisor:
1. Sindhu Market, Bali, Indonesia – 242 percent
2. Nacpan Beach, El Nido, Philippines – 218 percent
3. Nguyen Hue Street, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam – 181 percent
4. Pinto Art Museum, Antipolo City, Philippines – 149 percent
5. Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden, Pattaya, Thailand – 147 percent
6. Bua Thong Waterfalls or Nam Phu Chet Si, Chiang Mai, Thailand – 137 percent
7. Gili Meno Beach, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia – 136 percent
8. Cartoon Network Amazone, Jomtien Beach, Thailand – 121 percent
9. Monkey Hill, Phuket Town, Thailand – 117 percent
10. Krabi Weekend Night Market, Krabi Town, Thailand – 116 percent